Monday, October 31, 2011

Song 1 Animation Update

Hi folks!

Here's a link to Song 1's latest animation progress! (Featuring a new MIDI mockup of the orchestral score!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xddSL2AhqnY

Many of the shots are still in progress and don't have characters (or have stationary characters).


As you know, Song 1 is supposed to be finished by tomorrow, and I'm currently just about at the two-thirds mark. I'll see what I can get done tonight, but this may put me up to a week behind schedule. Hopefully I can wrangle this midweek. Once the first song is finished I will compare my schedule to harsh reality and make adjustments.

Also this week, I filmed reference video of the music director, Ryan, performing Doofus' tap dance routine. (Yes, Ryan's also a choreographer and tap dancer. And an expert whistler.) The routine looks incredible, and I can't wait to animate it!

So, what do you think of the animation so far? Comments, thoughts, suggestions? Interjections?

3 comments:

  1. It is really nice to see the animation with the music! I am glad it is in color already- otherwise it would be hard to imagine the animation matching the rich music. One thing that feels different in the final version is that I don't hear the musicians clearly say "singing sword", and the camera sweeps by the sword very quickly, so it is a surprise to see him on the CU and hear his line. I don't know if it can be fixed in the mix or not.

    I understand some of the animation is missing. What is there looks good! Beautiful work, Joe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe you are going too slow at this rate you will never finish you film by next week. You better stick with sailing. What I really mean is "looking good Joe."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! There are some parts where I think you can exaggerate the movement a bit more, like with the princess's reaction to the bees. keep going! :D

    ReplyDelete