Sunday, October 16, 2011

Recording Session Video

Hi folks,

Yesterday's recording session went incredibly well! With Bethany's expert sound engineering, Ryan's spot-on music direction, and unbelievable performances from all our voice talent, the whole day was a blast. The cast, including Matt Tyler (Sir Knightly), Afton Quast (Princess), Malcolm Devine (Dragon), Whit Spurgeon (Wizard), Adam Williams (Doofus), and Jade Johnson (chorus), seemed to gel immediately, and I couldn't be happier with the results.

But just describing the day doesn't do it justice...below is a video I composited from the footage we took for animation reference. These were some of my favorite moments. Enjoy!




The only parts left to record are some whistling and the Singing Sword (but I'm him, so that should be an easy wrangling job).

COMING SOON: An updated animatic with the real voices.

P.S. My shot list is now complete!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! Great job! It looks like you were able to get some amazing performances from your actors. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Joe! I agree it is long. Let's see if you can stay on schedule.

    I am not quite sure if the page turning is working- it becomes a little repetitive. (I don't know if it's a temporary devise.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soo funny! Great work so far!

    ReplyDelete