Monday, October 10, 2011

Rehearsals, Recordings, and Animatics

Hi folks,

This past week I've been working on the animatic and scheduling rehearsals & recording sessions. Recording will take place on Saturday, and rehearsing is already underway!

Today we had our first rehearsals! Ryan and I rehearsed with Afton (the Princess) and Whit (the Wizard), and we had a blast. We are evolving the characters' voices and everyone is sounding phenomenal.

Below are the animatics for Songs 1-4. I'm working like a madman to finish the final two, Songs 5 & 6, by classtime tomorrow, but it might take me until Tuesday night or Wednesday at the latest so we'll see. Regardless, I'll start animation this week!

Here are the animatics! Note: some timing will be shifted; some parts play too fast and others too slow. But enjoy nevertheless and let me know what you think!





I've started my shot list using Google Docs. Here's a link to the spreadsheet so far. I've started naming & prioritizing shots, but I haven't rated for difficulty yet...that's coming soon. So far there are 130 shots in the first 4 songs, and an estimated 60-80 shots in the last 2 songs, bringing the total shot # to an estimated 200. Whew! And as noted in class, I will animate the "A" priority shots first in case I'm in a crisis next March and I need to make cuts. (I hope this doesn't happen, I want to keep everything!)

The length of the film is currently an estimated 8 minutes 30 seconds, a bit longer than desired. I'll look for places to trim once I grunt out the last two animatics.

1 comment:

  1. Joe this is AMAZING!!!!! The songs get stuck in my head!

    My favorite new joke was when the sword told the mushrooms "shoo" - that was hilarious.

    The dragon has a really cool entrance. He's a bad ass.

    ReplyDelete