Monday, October 3, 2011

Casting, Story Sketches & Animatic

Hi folks!

It's been a productive week.

First of all, we've secured the cast! We got all our top picks:
Sir Knightly - Matthew Tyler
Princess - Afton Quast
Dragon - Malcolm Devine
Wizard - Whit Spurgeon
Singing Sword - Joe Rothenberg (I worried we wouldn't get him...)

I'll schedule recording sessions this week, and I hope to finish all major voice recording by the end of next week. The script is locked, so we're ready to record!

Another big milestone is that I've drawn a story sketch for every moment in the film. Total number of sketchbook pages filled: 130. I'm currently converting these to an animatic.

I am almost finished with the animatic for the longest song, "She's Not Into You." I'll post that this evening. The next few days will be devoted to finishing the animatic one song at a time, and I'll keep this blog updated with each song completed.

By the end of this week, the animatic will be finished and I'll prepare my shot breakdown & schedule (including point ratings for each shot and # of points I have to do per day). I will start animating next week, 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

Stay tuned..."She's Not Into You" animatic coming tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment