Monday, September 12, 2011

Meetings and Models

Hi folks,

This week I met with my composer. By next Monday he'll have a rough piano version of the score!

I also met with Elizabeth Brauer to help me punch up the script between songs. She helped me flesh out the characters and discover their motives. I'll revise the script this week and hopefully lock script by the end of the week.

I've found someone to consult with me on set design, and I'll meet with him later this week.

I'm also searching for a choreographer to help me visualize what the characters will be doing during the songs. I haven't found one yet, so let me know if you know anyone...

Tonight I'll be creating model sheets for Sir Knightly, Doofus and Tap-Dancing Doofus. The model sheets will not just be guides, but the actual puppets I'll be using in animation. Check out my cartoon "Unusual Business" to see an example of this approach (ignore the ridiculous introduction).

In Unusual Business, I drew assets for Frank and Mr. Bossman from five different angles, then reused those assets in nearly every shot. I'll be using a more fluid version of this for "Ladies Knight." (More drawings, less reliance on assets.)

I'm falling slightly behind my schedule, so I've arranged to take a short hiatus with my job while I get "Ladies Knight" back on track. Work will be over in a few weeks anyway but I don't want to take any chances on my thesis.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joe,

    Regarding choreography, you could shoot Margo Apostolos [margo@usc.edu] an email- she is a professor in dance. Kathy recommended some professors in theater- she said USC has a musical theater program. I recommend you send her an email and ask her for recommendations and contact information as well.

    Good work getting back on schedule. You don't want to get behind- especially this early on!

    I look forward to seeing your revisions.

    -Sheila

    ReplyDelete