Monday, September 19, 2011

Casting & More

POST-5PM UPDATE: Just met with my composer & he played the first "piano sketches" of the songs. It sounded incredible!! He transformed my little tunes into full-on Broadway production numbers! Today was a blast and I'm incredibly lucky to be working with this guy. Most of the songs are developing rapidly, with the exception of "Dragon Song" which needs to be reworked in the tin pan alley style of the other songs.

Hi folks!

This week I created some new models, worked on the script, and started rough storyboarding.

Today I sent out my casting call, and the response is already overwhelming! So far, 10 Sir Knightlys, 12 Dragons, 12 Singing Swords, 4 Wizards, and 42 Princesses. Auditions will be held Friday!

Also today, I met with Brenda Goodman and Kenny Hall, who gave me much-needed insight into the world of creating animated musicals.

I'm about to go meet with my composer. There's been a mixup -- I thought the composer/director event was tomorrow; my composer thinks it's today -- so either we'll go to the event or meet about the score.

I'd better get going. In the meantime, here's those new models! Any thoughts or comments?


5 comments:

  1. This looks really great, Joe! Your model sheets do a great job of showing how the character will move. Congratulations on your progress!

    -Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap, 42 princesses! hope you find your perfect match ;) hahaha jk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I audition for the sword???
    Haha, just kidding :)
    I really do like that sword character. Him and the wizard. Great expressions Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really good response! I'd imagine there are a lot of people who'd want to show off their singing voices on the big screen.
    Through what means did you send out the casting call?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far I've just used LAcasting.com. The response was so big I'll wait before I try any other resources. I'm up to 61 princesses!

    ReplyDelete