Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Story Wall: Part 1

For this week's assignment, I've started a "story wall." I realized I wasn't ready for a true storyboard, because the treatment was still a little too vague. So instead, here's a bunch of concept art of key moments in my thesis...many more pages coming soon. Once I have an understanding of what's going to happen, moment to moment, I'll be able to choose shots and create a true storyboard.


They're not really in any particular order...sorry...by next week I should have an actual continuity. Enjoy!






















3 comments:

  1. It's really hard to help you if these aren't in order.

    Good drawings, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try boarding only the actions necessary for advancing the story. Forget about the gags, at least for the first draft, just do plot. That way, you'll know the camera angles, staging, etc. And it might help you get a sense of how long the whole thing is, and then it'll be easier to know what to cut and what to keep. If you get too hung up on the gags too early on, it's going to really retard your process.

    Sorry I keep commenting. I'm procrastinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree- for now you can concentrate on the arc of the story. The gags can be refined later. I think you could just rough out thumbnails- they could be stick figures- just to give you an idea of how the story unfolds. It's fine if you make mistakes and it is not perfect. That's exactly where you should be. Just do a first draft and let the class give you some input.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete