Monday, February 27, 2012

Joe Dreams of Knightly

Hi folks,

By class time on Wednesday, Ladies Knight will be 50% animated, point-wise.




Songs 1 and 3 are finished, and Song 2 is close. At my current pace, I'm on schedule to finish all of the songs by spring break, leaving me about 3 weeks to complete the surrounding dialogue scenes (which are generally less difficult).

I need to be considerate of my composer, who needs time to underscore the dialogue, so I'll probably self-enforce an early picture lock for his sake.

Since Friday, I've been animating 24 points per day instead of my usual 14 in order to catch up from Song 3's undervalued tap-dance shots. In theory, that's 24 hours of work, but in practice, it's maybe half that. The workload is definitely taking its toll -- when I sleep, I tend to dream that I'm working -- but I'm also gaining confidence that I can finish the film on time with few or no more edits.

I'll upload exports of Songs 2 & 3 before class on Wednesday, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. It is so sad that you are dreaming about working. Your one chance to escape! I am glad you are able to gain some lost ground on your schedule.

    ReplyDelete